Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kleercut.Net

Nazareth just held a lecture by a researcher connected with Greenpeace. He talked about green-washing (derived from not having your towels washed during your short three day stay at a hotel). It was really frustrating to hear that companies advertise doing "earth friendly" things when it is the law! Or saying that they spend $1,000 to build a pond and preserve waterfowl, but spent $1,000,000 on the ad campaign. Grrrrr.....

Kimberly-Clark, who makes Kleenex tissues and other bathroom products was brought up, not so much for green-washing, but for the fact that they are using Boreal trees to make their products.

I am sure there are a lot of other companies out there who are doing things like this and it is hard as a consumer to stay informed. I would like to see educational commercials on TV, like the TRUTH ads educating people about smoking.

It is hard to be an informed consumer.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it whats wrong with using boreal trees for paper? Some of them grow quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete