Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holiday Giving

I came across this post today about gift giving verses stuff and I thought it was interesting--the comments mostly. Food for thought.

I try to make gifts each year for Christmas and am hoping accomplish that this year. I better get started!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I struggle with this so much! I don't think anyone believes me when I say I don't want purchased things for Christmas - or that I'd prefer a donation or a membership to an organization (Indy Art Museum!!!) In fact, I get the distinct impression that saying these sorts of things makes people angry.

    I've honestly given up and have resorted to seriously disliking this time of year.

    I'm making about half our presents this year. As a "selfish" crafter, I am conflicted in this. I like to make things I like to make when I want to make them, and there is only so much worrying about what other people want that I can do while remaining happy and not finding that my hobbies are turning in to chores (especially if I'm not sure that the gift will be appreciated). I started gift knitting a few months ago and am spacing it out but it still feels less than fulfilling. :(

    Bill and I don't celebrate Christmas unless we're visiting family.

    ReplyDelete