Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Making your own food

I have never tried cheese making, but am considering it. I would like to try making yogurt because I eat it so often. I saw this site today for making my own ricotta cheese (yummy cannolis) and it has me a bit inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Aw dude do it. I have been trying to make cheese for awhile, but, of course, I dived right in at cheddar. Did not work. But I have heard the right way to make cheese is to start with yogurt and ricotta and move up from there. Cheese is one of those expensive things that seems not so hard to make that it might be worth your time. I even looked into getting a good recipe book, like this one, but couldn't justify the cost at the time since I could get it thru ILL. I even have a cheese press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear mozzarella is pretty easy too.

    ReplyDelete