Kevin and I just got back from a great, five day vacation/work trip to Ann Arbor. It was a great reminder of how wonderful it is out there. We got to visit old friends, see the massive changes ranging from the U of M to the city's growth. There is a gorgeous new library less than a block away from Kevin's old apartment. (I didn't actually go in--not enough time, but I am positive it is cool.) Of course we had to visit Recycle Ann Arbor, the Reuse Center which is a perpetually massive organized garage sale with the range from doors to sinks, lights to sports equipment. And now, they have reclaimed timber!! I talked with John Haling for almost an hour about what he does, how he manages it, and all that jazz. Apparently, he was a participant of a greater organization that sold there: Southeast Michigan's Reclaimed Wood Marketplace. I totally thought of Chris, Dad, Jon and Kevin starting this in NY. What a great idea and celebration of the tree's effort and life. It reminds me of Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree.
David Korten's Keynote Presentation Now Online
15 years ago
Oh, and A^2 has Zip Cars now too!
ReplyDelete