Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homemade laundry detergent

So my favorite laundry soap is Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, but it is so expensive (and our local stores only carry small containers of it). Kevin and I have tried a couple of different eco friendly detergents and one made the clothes smell worse when they came out of the wash then when they went in! But today, I found this site with a homemade soap. I don't know all of the chemicals so am putting it out there in hopes that you guys might be able to tell me if they are ok. If I can find the stuff, I might give it a try. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME I have been looking for something like this for awhile. It annoys me to no end to pay so much for soaps and detergents.

    I think boric acid (borox) is awesome stuff. I recently heard that is what they use to fireproof that recycled newspaper stuff they use for blown-in insulation. I think it is pretty benign.

    That, sadly, is the extent of my chemistry knowledge on the subject.

    ReplyDelete